Thursday, April 15, 2010

In a pinch

Tonight I wanted to use up some stuff in the fridge. So I made up a recipe as I pulled things out.
-Sauteed chopped onion in olive oil in large skillet.
-added 2 cups brown rice that I had cooked two days ago
-added 1 can diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, liquid drained
-large handful of spinach, torn
Heat all this till the spinach is wilted, then add:
-1/2 large cooked breaded chicken breast leftovoer from previous dinner, chopped

stir in, heat through and top with 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. cover till the cheese melts.

Quite tasty for not knowing where I was going with all the things I pulled out of the fridge. But not photo worthy :(

Clyde liked it and I might make this again - very healthy and low fat! We added a mini cucumber and microwaved asparagus to round out the meal. Four veggies in one meal!

2 comments:

Michelle and Cisco said...

mmm... how come we weren't invited to Cafe Robinson? punky mama. kidding. we already mooched enough food off you this week.

Lori said...

Sound yummy-call me next time. I haven't mooched off you for a while-Michelle and Cisco can stay at home if they are worried but I will be there!