Sunday, September 16, 2012

Marco is Born

One week and 2 days ago, Michelle went into labor, finally!  She was 41 weeks and scheduled to be induced on Friday Sept 7.  About 5:30 in the morning she called me to tell me that she actually was in labor, contractions 5 minutes apart and there would be no need to be induced!
 I arrived at the hospital around 7:20 am and gave some back rubs and encouragement to Michelle.  A little while later she was ready for the epidural and was then heard to say, "I've never felt so comfortable!"  It made a huge difference for her and she was smiling, happy, and just waiting for the progress. Four hours later the doctor told her it was time to push! 
What a tender time for me to comfort my baby who was about to have her own first baby!
I held my breath through all those counts of ten, 3 x during each contraction.  It was hard not to!

What a wonderful moment when the little baby made his appearance, and was placed skin to skin upon his mommies tummy.  We all gasped when he just lifted up his head to look at her.
Every moment and look at him was precious!
It's so great to have a new baby in the house - such sweetness and tenderness felt by all.





big boy, almost outgrown his newborn outfit!


Michelle and Marco came home on Sunday and we had Cisco's parents to dinner so they could enjoy the new little one.  We had a great time!

Trying out the Mamroo swing - so cool!  It can play songs on the iPhone.

First bath

No comments: