Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's Sew Fun

Clyde bought me a new sewing machine for Christmas. Nicole and Michelle and Clyde cleaned out the stuff in my sewing room (it had become the dumping ground just before the storage room) and painted the walls.

The before: (half the stuff was already hauled out - it was much worse than this) I tossed a lot of stuff, organized what I wanted to keep and ordered one more storage drawer set.
Then Clyde ordered a new counter top, just the right height for sewing. I keep my ironing board at the same height and I just swivel around in my chair to press something.
And I have one of the chairs that used to belong to my Grandmother Carlson, my dad's mother. In case I have a visitor while I sew...
Clyde found some really bright fluorescent light bulbs and it is really bright in there now. I Love it.
We just have to order some cupboards for the wall and I'll be all set.

I have completed my four lessons to update me on all the features of my new machine and I have been sewing some fun stuff!
Here's a 'raggie' blanket - my first!


Two receiving blankets with fun binding..



Nicole and I embellished some onsies
I can't believe what a difference a few changes have made. And it really made a difference when I got replacement blades for my rotary cutter, got my scissors sharpened, and bought new quality thread!

1 comment:

Michelle and Cisco said...

haha I looked at the picture of dad and Nicole painting the wall for 5 minutes trying to figure out who that kid was painting the room? I didn't realize dad was on a stool. It took me a while to figure out what was going on.