Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Huh?

Just some random bits about my day:
  • As I was getting out of my car in the parking lot, a BYU police officer walked past my car. In his hand was a RIFLE!! Since when do BYU Police carry or need a rifle? I thought they handled traffic citations, weirdness at the dorms, and owls in the President's Home.
  • Breakfast for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, and dessert for lunch. Goodness. I enjoyed too many gourmet cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean Cafe today at a garden party at our office. Coconut lime; Better than Whatever chocolate; Chocolate Raspberry; Raspberry lemonade. Yum, but my tummy hurts.
  • Remember all those bats that our neighbors shooed out of their eaves with high powered water, then the flashing light all night long since then? Umm, we saw bats leaving the very same eaves last night. They're back. I'm not going to mention it to the neighbors.
  • I am excited to use my brand new Eureka hand held vacuum on my stairs.
  • I heard a fascinating story about Southwest airlines and how they computer modeled ant behavior to come up with the current practice of reserving a number and then lining up, still selecting your seat on the plane. Then the best part of the story was how the CIA modeled a new way to gather information based on termites. Called Intellipedia found here on the Dian Rehm show.
That's the randomness for today.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I also got a new vacuum I get excited to use every time I pull it out. And now I want a raspberry lemonade cupcake for breakfast. See you soon!