Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Lesson

It was dark, very dark, and impossible to see in the large hall for someone 50 + and eyes that are slow to adjust to dark rooms.

As I was sitting in the balcony for the devotional, another BYU staff person came in and was trying to sit in the empty seat next to me.

He was unsure of where to step but knew there was an empty seat.

I reached up and grabbed his hand, placed it on the arm of the chair so he had something to hold on to that guided him to the seat, since he could not see it in the dark.

He made it just fine, with that bit of help.

After the devotional was over, he turned to me and thanked me for my guiding hand.

Surely there is a lesson here about faith and our Father in Heaven and reaching out for Him, moving ahead in uncertainty but with the strength of faith.

And finding solid ground.


I'm going to think about it.

No comments: