Monday, December 7, 2009

The Best Gift

My birthday was Nov 22. We had planned a family outing to the Garden restaurant at the Joseph Smith Memorial building in Salt Lake on Saturday. Nicole called and told me Casey did not go to Seattle after all, and they would drive up themselves and meet us there. When I called her to tell her where we were on the freeway, she said she was just a bit behind us. When we arrived at the JSMB, there was Nicole at the top floor to greet us. She said Casey was in the bathroom and she wanted me to look out the window at all the new construction. She seemed so excited to see the buildings and I kind of had to plow through a group of people blocking the windows. After gazing out at the construction (not so amazing, really) I asked Nicole how she got there before us. By this time Nicole and Michelle were laughing and I said, "What is so funny? Your drive up here is not that funny!" I turned to see what might be making them laugh behind me and to my great SURPRISE -- it was CAMILLE!!! Apparently I had looked right past her twice on my way to the window and she was making funny faces to make her sisters laugh.

I was so surprised! I really thought Camille was not going to come for Thanksgiving and all along she had planned to surprise me for my birthday! Everyone kept a great secret - even Clyde. I had NO clue.
It was a great treat to have Camille home all week! As Emerson said, "The best gift is a portion of thyself." Thanks Camille! You brought your whole self - ha!

And the girls created a delicious dinner on Sunday with broiled pears for dessert - delicious and low fat!

No comments: