Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time heals all

Surgery went really well - says Clyde per the doctor. (I was there but fast asleep). My arm had a nerve block that lasted 12 - 15 hours. Imagine the same feeling you have when numbed for a tooth filling. Multiply that to the entire arm. Weird. I had this big appendage I could not feel, and I had to remember to carry it if i moved or walked. When I got dressed in the hospital it just flopped like a dead fish and I did not feel a thing! That really surprised me. The docs promised I'd be glad for the block once it wore off and the pain began. I was prepared with plenty of percocet. By the next morning I was woozy after feeling 'out of body' all night pain relief. Clyde brought me the 'throw up bucket' and I used it. ugh.
Same story 4 hours later, but after the docs called in the anti nausea meds I was sleeping for hours and feeling more normal.
Please excuse the left handed photography.

Wed was better, still lots of sleepiness though. 9.5 hours between pain meds.

Black eye: 10 days later.
Time does heal all hurts.
This is the view that inspires me on my quiet days of healing:
And today I looked up a photo of KC as a six week old baby. Kind of looks like Alex and Bennett.

1 comment:

KC said...

Kinda does. Although we will have to check "adjusted ages" to compare. So that would be like 16 weeks or something.

Hope you are healing well!