Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tender Mercy

Last night I had looked at my Google reader list (for the umpteenth time), just in case there was a new post about the triplets. There were no new posts but I saw a recommended link to a blog that I sometimes read - Light Refreshments Served. It is a group of different ladies who are all Mormon, but I'm not sure how they got connected.
I started reading the blog listed called How great shall be your joy The name in the story, the description of the person in the temple sounded all too familiar. By the end of the story I was sure she had written about my father in the Denver temple. I could visualize him exactly as she described him, and I knew about these few new names he had recently found that needed temple work.

It was a dear sweet tender experience to read the words of someone who was deeply touched by my father's pure intentions and desire to serve. It was a tender mercy for me, a reminder of my heritage and great example of my father. It made me thankful for many things - that my brother takes my dad to the temple, that my dad still wants to go to the temple, that he loves the temple, that he has no fear when in the service of the Lord, that I am his child and witness to his example.

I found her email address somewhere on the blog and I wrote to her.
Here is what she wrote back to me:

Dear Janice: THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE INTERNET!!! I am certain that you are right - another member of the group mentioned that he was 93, that he had been a sealer in the early days of the Denver Temple, and I believe they even said he served as the Temple President (?) at one time? Or maybe a member of the presidency? Anyway, it was a really neat experience for me, and I meant what I said about feeling like I was witnessing something special. I almost felt irreverent even being in the room. It was really good for me to witness, because attending the temple is sometimes hard for me. But watching him that day really strengthened my testimony of temple work. Sounds like you were a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful dad!

Thanks for sharing,

Kristy


Amen.

No comments: