Thursday, November 8, 2007

Recipe Club

We have this little Enrichment activity group that meets monthly to share and sample recipes. Tonight we shared soup recipes. I made Mimi's Corn Chowder (which I had never made before!) and it was really tasty and quick. It was fun to taste other soups: Pumpkin soup, Potato Basil, Paula Dean's Creamy Chicken soup, Russian borscht, Chicken Tortellini Soup and Roasted Carrot soup. The pumpkin soup was surprisingly good. I have recipes so if you want me to send you any just let me know. I told the group how I used to serve soup even in Hawaii by making breadsticks to always go with the soup. Funny thing is, I can't recall what soup I made when we lived there. I think I got into broccoli soup and chicken soup after we moved back to Utah. Any memories KC, Camille, Nicole? I think we ate a lot of a campbell's bean with bacon soup when the kids were young -- but I don't think that was the one I made the breadsticks for.

1 comment:

Alicia S said...

I'd love the pumpkin soup recipe! I hear it's very yummy! That sounds like a good idea for an Enrichment group. Hope things are going well.