Thursday, November 8, 2007

Glad to be home

Sunday I went to SLC to participate in a conference for work. Clyde came with me and listened to a speech by Robert Kirby. Kirby is the humor columnist for the Tribune and he had some great stories about humor and people in general. After that we enjoyed finger foods and great music and fiddling from the musical group "Lincoln Highway". Apparently they are BYU alums. We were the last to leave and just enjoyed visiting with many of the BYU workers were there. We went to bed around 11 and I was asleep with my trusty ear plugs (great for sleeping in strange noisy places) when I heard a lot of laughing and talking around midnight. I thought some people were in the parking lot, but after Clyde woke me, we discovered there was a huge group of people in the room next to us -- speaking in a different language and being very noisy! The scary thing was that they tried to open the door between our rooms at least four times! I finally called the front desk and they sent security so it got quiet about 15 minutes later.
Clyde went home on Monday and I manned the booth I was assigned to. It was right in front of a door to the outside that did not close well so I had to buy a little blanket to cover my legs to keep me a bit warm. Clyde told me he did not sleep well because he was cold with out me! We sleep - cuddle!
Tuesday night was a 5 course dinner at the Train Depot in SLC. Clyde came up and met me there. It took a long time to serve 200+ people and 5 courses no less!. They started about 7:50 pm and the last food was served after 9:30. For some reason the meal did not agree with me and I was up at least three times in the night trying to feel better. Then my boss called my cell at 7 am, when we were both enjoying some good sleep! It felt so good to get home on Wednesday and get in our own bed again! I did discover a great place for lunch and breakfast in SLC: Paradise bakery on 400s and 600 E. Wonderful muffins, cookies, and delicious sandwiches and fire roasted tomato soup. It makes me more determined to try that recipe from Nordstroms now.
We are both glad to be home. Wed night I vegged and went to bed early. Ahhh!

No comments: