Monday, May 30, 2011

forging on

I just came across this great photo of my dad, taken a few years ago when he was sometimes at his house and occasionally cooking. (Thanks Carrie) He may have been making candied yams for Thanksgiving, I am not sure. But I LOVE that this photo shows his determination even in his wobbly 90+ years. Hanging on the paper towel holder (cardboard roll), standing on a 10 inch stool! And true to life there is Jean in the background ready to catch him if he falls and yet letting him proceed in his determination! I think the Lord is like that - very aware of our precarious steps, hoping we will succeed, and yet ready to help us not fall completely.
Enos James Carlson is about to turn 95 years old on June 2nd. What a great guy. Talk about enduring. He has done it.

No comments: