Saturday, September 8, 2007

What got into me?

Today I went to the grocery store. We didn't need a lot, but are hosting a salmon bake on Monday and making Clyde's famous fresh peach ice cream. Today I seemed to purchase a bunch of new products! I'm usually not looking for new stuff, but a lot of new items seemed to catch my eye today. Here's the list:
  • Barilla "Plus" pasta, which boasts 17 grams protein per 1 cup dry pasta. It is made from whole grains
  • Kellogg's All-Bran crackers - multi grain 20% daily fiber in one serving!
  • Two containers of gourmet rice pudding from Pudding on the Rice restaurant - Raspberry and Ebony / Ivory flavors. Michelle keeps telling me to go there, but when I saw these I thought this would be an easy way to try it out.
  • Two packages of Stacks of Cookies from the store entry - freshly made Peanut and Double chocolate -- for our party on Monday?
  • 1 bottle of Dassani water Plus, with Vitamin E and zinc --maybe for Michelle since she has cold symptoms
  • Zatarin's Tuna Cake mix, ( add two cans tuna and mayo and water). I have been making tuna patties for dinner sometimes when it is just the two of us.
  • Box of instant sweet mashed potatoes -- could this taste anywhere near the real thing?
  • 1 jar Smart Balance chunky natural peanut butter with 1000 mg of Omega-3
And one new item I bought a few weeks ago that I now love - Triscuits crackers: Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil seasoning. Tastes great with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Low fat but yummy. Wish me luck on the Salmon Bake. I plan to use Emily's Honey Dijon recipe, and a very highly rated Maple/soy sauce/garlic one I found on allrecipes.com.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yay! Now we just need to girls to start one too. Wyoming looks so beautiful and peaceful. Congratulations on 32 years! I also like trying new things at the store. KC is always surprised to see what is in the fridge and cupboards. Good luck with the party. I'm sure it will be great.